Tuesday, September 8, 2009

C'mon Now, You've Got A Right, A Responsibility, To Go For Your Dreams...




So yes, I'm dreaming my dreams and finally at a place to manifest them and make them happen. My dreams started ten years ago, the part about the little cottage by the sea. And some of my dreams I've been waiting a lifetime for. You see, the thing is, not to worry about time-frames, or dollar amounts, focus on what is dearest to your heart, what you want more than anything. Maybe it's a certain kind of car, moving to another state (or country) or getting a pair of red roller skates, it doesn't matter. What DOES matter is that you KNOW you're WORTH it.

I knew, when my dream began ten years ago that it was going to take a good while to get to this place, and I'm not all the way there yet but I'm beginning to cross the threshold. How did I do it?

First of all, you need to spend a lot of time dreaming,
allowing yourself to dream. It's not silly or foolish and don't let anyone tell you so. In the last ten years I have written about my dreams, take tiny steps along the way, kept a journal of what I wanted to achieve, and most of all, and this is really fun, get a great big cheap sketchbook and collect magazines and have Cut and Paste Days. You know, rainy days, days off work, when you're in the doldrums, when you feel creative. You take a big pile of magazines, scissors, an exacto knife, and a glue stick, and you RIP those magazines apart page by page, and anything that applies to your dream (and new things will keep coming up that are part of it) you cut out, paste down, one picture to a page leaving a lot of blank space for writing and doodling, making notes and jotting ideas, and even making little lists, as ideas occur (You will go back and forth between the picture pages as things occur to you, so leave LOTS of space, or you can also have a series of big sketchbooks.) of steps you might take to realize this dream, all the dreams, a whole BIG WORLD of dreams.

In the end, it doesn't matter HOW you do it, what matters is that you believe you can, AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE WORTH IT, and your joy, excitement and anticipation will spread to others around you. Think outside the box. Be a beacon of hope for all the world around you. Drive down the road singing and giggling as you know you are finally on the beginning of the path that will lead to your dreams.

You can do it. Start now...

Maitri

No comments:

Post a Comment